Rick Santelli’s rant on CNBC about a week ago launched a number of “Tea Party” rallies across the U.S.
Yesterday a rally was held in Wichita — see video and photos online from the Voice for Liberty in Wichita. Last Saturday a large crowd, estimated from 500 to 750, held a similar anti-pork, anti-stimulus protest in Overland Park outside Congressman Dennis Moore’s office.
Today in 22-degrees and blowing snow, brave, liberty-minded, free-market patriots met near the Nichols Fountain in Kansas City Missouri for a rally and mile-long march to U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill’s office.
See photos and videos below. See separate article with sign pictures.
Video of almost 200 marching to Senator Claire McCaskill’s office.
“No More Pork”. Protest outside Senator Clair McCaskill’s Office in Kansas CIty
“We cannot continue to send people to Washington that do not represent our interests.”
“Our Freedom’s Not for Sale”
- Many great pictures at Kansas City Tea Party, Nice Deb, Feb 28, 2009.
- 200 determined taxpayers slog through a snowstorm, The End Zone, Feb 28, 2009.
Great sign: “The last time I was this stimulated, I was visiting my proctologist”
- Kansas City Tea Party: February 28, 2009, 980 At Night, Feb 28, 2009.
- Kansas City “Tea Party” (Stimulus and Bailout Protest), Great Pictures from Ranting & Ravings, Feb 28, 2009.
- Kansas City Tea Party Protest Photos, Voice for Liberty in Wichita, Feb 28, 2009.
- St Louis Tea Party Pictures, 24thState.com, Feb 27, 2009.
- Frustrated with government? What can you do if government isn’t listening?, Kansas Meadowlark, Feb 26, 2009.
- Poster Child: “Thanks for Putting My Generation in DEBT!”, Kansas Meadowlark, Feb 23, 2009.
- 750 in Overland Park brave cold, wind to protest stimulus, pork (photo essay), Kansas Meadowlark, Feb 21, 2009.
- “The government is promoting bad behavior”, Kansas Meadowlark, Feb 20, 2009.
- Senator Schumer: “American People Don’t Care About Pork.” Waste is good?, Kansas Meadowlark, Feb 16, 2009.
- “Yes We Can” Pass $787 Billion “Stimulus” Without Anyone in Congress Reading the Bill, Kansas Meadowlark, Feb 14, 2009.