Several Tea Party participants respond to the request “tell me about your sign”:
- Hey Barney! Get your head out of Freddies Fannie! [about Barney Frank]
- Read my teleprompter: No more taxes
- Protect the 10th Amendment (States Rights)
- “The Constitution is not an instrument for government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the government” by Patrick Henry [sign held by 5th great grandson of Patrick Henry!]
- No Socialism
- Politicians are like dirty diapers: They need to be changed. [Woman said: "we need to get rid of the crap in Washington."]
- One Trillion = One dollar per second for 32,000 years (front side)
Hey Obama do you hear us? (back side)
- 3.6 trillion budget taxes too much; $pends too much
- Don’t mortgage my future
- Don’t spread the Wealth. Spread my Work Ethic!!” (two woman and one man with different versions of nearly the same sign)
- Abolish the Federal Reserve (back side of one of the above signs)
- Yes, I’m a THREAT: Typical, Hard-working, Red State, Entrepreneurial, American, Tax Payer
Other signs featured in the video:
- STOP the $pending: Jackasses, Fat Elephants
- President Obama, What happens when I run out of money for you to redistribute?
- Born Free, Taxed to Death
- I can’t speak French! No United States of France. No Socialism.
- Federal A.T.M. with picture frame around young girl [picture taken with permission of mom -- this was my favorite poster]
- Cut Gov’t spending: Fire a politician
- Republicans and Democrats: Stop Mortgaging Our Children!
- All that it takes for Evil to Triumph … Is for good men to do NOTHING!!
- Let Failures Fail
Other video highlights:
- The pink “porkulus” pig describes the Tea Parties he has attended
- Jim Flink, KMBC Chanel 9, records promo for 10 PM news
- Signs held by participants along College Boulevard and Quivria Road
- Nearly constant horn honking along College Boulevard and Quivira Road
- Darla Jaye, KMBZ, talks to
- Bob Ballard, Tea Party Organizer
- Steve Shute: asks the crowd two questions
- Nick Jordan
- Chuck Armstrong, KMBZ
- Final thoughts from Amanda Grosserode, Tea Party Organizer
- Darla Jaye describes best poster [the little girl described above: "Federal A.T.M."]
- Concluding song by unknown group: “God Bless the USA”
I finally figured out that with my arm outstretched, and with the camera at the end of my extended monopod, I could get a view from about 10 feet in the air to see over the most of the signs to see Darla Jaye’s discussion.
- Video of Kansas City, MO Tea Party, Kansas Meadowlark, April 25, 2009.
- Official News Radio 980 KMBZ Video: Kansas City Tax Day Tea Party Recap, KMBZ, April 16, 2009.
- Overland Park Tea Party at Johnson County Community College, Kansas Meadowlark, April 16, 2009.
- Thousands Attend Tax Day Protests, KMBC Channel Nine, Jim Flink, April 15, 2009.
- Kansas Tea Parties, Kansas Meadowlark, April 15, 2009.
- Poster Child: “Thanks for Putting My Generation in DEBT!”, Kansas Meadowlark, Feb. 23, 2009.
- 750 in Overland Park brave cold, wind to protest stimulus, pork (photo essay), Kansas Meadowlark, Feb 21, 2009.